Monday, October 31, 2011

Caregiver, New Obligations, New Challenges, changing world as she knew it and Major Stress!


So now I need to share some more snapshots of my time in the hospital. I really only remember bits of this time in my life and most of this is what my Wonderful wife has relayed to me.

My wife had requested a bed to be brought into my room and she just moved in! She was now definitely, in charge and she was going to take care of her Husband.

She monitored all the movements and information that she could. She wanted to find someone who could get her some answers. She asked, CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND OUT OR GIVE ME AN ASWER TO WHAT IS THE OUTLOOK FOR MY HUSBAND? Her world has now been traumatized!

In a marriage, both parties have their own parts of daily life that they assume and perform as a partner in that marriage. Now, in her mind, In a matter of a couple of heartbeats, her husband was immediately pushing her into a very scary place, now a caregiver!`

The scary thing for her now is to try and process what this new word caregiver is,

  • She will still have to perform her own normal activities as usual as part of her life,
  • She potentially could now have to perform her Husband’s work,
  • She potentially could now have to perform collectively both of our work,

A caregiver is one of the most needed, overwhelmed, overworked and valuable persons in the life off a disabled person. They are under thank and most time are motivated by fear, care, love and the desire to help as best they can in whatever way they can.

My wife was my best motivator and her pushing me was one part of the miracle of my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment